Saturday 24 August 2013

Something Different...

 So, got another status update!

This week I was working on the GO images, and more GMod posing for them. I have 3 images in the works atm (2 zombie and 1 death image). However, that's not the something different...

I decided to help myself relieve the stress of coding by starting up something new (Since RE:Progeny has so many resources and scripts it's hard to keep track of them). This new project will be an action-horror game by the name of 'Keep Sane'. This will not be taking over RE: Progeny, I'm simply using it as something to relieve coding stress.

It was a test of dynamic lighting and the ability to have the player' limbs independent (of course, this is only demonstrated by upper and lower body.)

 You can check out the short thing I whipped up here: https://mega.co.nz/#!pR4yAIaC!D2XzVBaj44DtVYMgup_5NF16_RgDKMdzq_5J2Z8VBog

Controls are:

WSAD - Movement
Right mouse - Aim (No weapon shooting atm)
Z - Restart upon death
F4 - Fullscreen (Recommended)
Escape - Exit Game

The enemies are as follows:

'Tainted Ground' - Fun little tentacle covered ground
'Screamer' - Chases you and creates damaging pulses (You take more damage the closer you are to the Screamer)

I have more ideas for enemies, but for now I just wanted to focus on the lighting and movement.

No sound, graphics look bad, and no H, but was just a gameplay and coding test


Also, still no word from FAPCOM. I'll contact him again...

Z

7 comments:

  1. Kuragari/RainbowSparkle9124 August 2013 at 15:36

    Will try it out sometime today if I have time Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Error when start the game

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Can't wait for demo of this game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the new game idea, and I look forward to seeing some later updates. Obviously, I'm more excited for further progress with progeny, but this is a great alternative while I (We all)wait for further progeny updates. Keep up the great work, Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent you an e-mail. So far the game looks interesting, and it plays rather smoothly. Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete