Saturday 20 August 2011

Drat, Drat and Double Drat!

Okay, so I was planning to release the new version quite soon, after I had finished updating the current areas, however mid-way through the expansion I was testing the game and I appear to have stumbled across an extremely annoying bug where upon hitting 'Load Game' when I died, the game completely froze up, and I had to exit it through task manager. I am currently trying to fix this, however I can't even find the damn cause of the problem.

On a lighter note, here's some updates that have been done.

- Title Screen 2.0! (Still needs animating, but it's pretty much finished!
- Physics System updated! (No more getting stuck in walls!)
- Stamina system (makes breaking out of grapples all the time harder)

Also, I've been doing some composition for Uriel_ManX7 and his Mitsuko X game, which you can find
HERE

3 comments:

  1. Good to see some of the things your working on.

    For your loading i would load set values your about to load to Null

    then load them in the order they were saved.

    So if you had variables and saved them in this order.
    Gun = true;
    Gun_Ammo = 7;
    Knife = false;

    I would when you click load set
    Gun = null;
    Gun_Ammo = null;
    Knife = null;

    then load the save but make sure it's in order not like this.
    Gun = true;
    Knife = false;
    Gun_Ammo = 7;
    because some save system in some languages require you load all values and in order of their save.

    and make sure stuff i

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last line ignore it. I forgot to remove it and i can't edit my post.

    While we're the subject could you please let people edit their post and true off the AreYouHuman test. It's annoying and people aren't really posting here i don't think your going to get a flood of robots trying to pretend to be human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I (kind of) fixed it now, turns out it wasn't an actual bug in the first place, so no amount of my coding was going to change it. For some reason, it doesn't seem to load the game when I play the game from Game Maker, but if I save the EXE file then run it in its own folder, it works.

    Anyway, I'm going to release next update once I've finished the expansion of the area.

    ReplyDelete