Monday 19 August 2013

A small progress report

So, to avoid further "OMG please post something" comments, thought I'd let you know how everything's going.

Firstly, I've implemented the new knotted animations into the game (both normal and laboratory modes), however it's not all done yet, there's a few transition animations that need to be finished, which brings me onto my next point...

FAPCOM has been silent since the end of last month. Knowing the circumstances of his last disappearance, I am fully patient with the situation, and I'm trying to get as much done as I can myself. But just so you guys are aware, I'm waiting as much as you are.

My next bit of news is that I've started on making the area sizes for the next part of this chapter (It's a bit sad to think we're still on the prologue chapter, out of my 8 planned ones) I'm not sure whether I should spill the beans on the next area, it's a bit of a gamble.

My last bit of news is that I've started doing the GO pics again. As suggested by 'Unforgiven7120' I finally got Garry's Mod, picked myself up a model of Becca, and got to work posing her. Some of these I will be putting straight into photoshop and working on it digitally, others I'm using as a reference point for sketching. (One of my updates soon will be a sketch and the digital version)

For now, here's a planned idea of the single zombie sex GO screen. (Guess where the zombie goes) This will be one that goes straight into digital editing. (Unless I feel like getting the drawing practice)


The idea of this image (and the whole game really) is to give more of a personal attachment to Rebecca, hence why I didn't put the camera from the zombies (dominant) perspective. Leave me some comments though with thoughts.


Again, can't tell you when the next update will be. (Won't be able to update until FAPCOM returns) It's crazy to think this blog is still getting around 700-900 views a day! Thank you all so much! (I'm going to need to throw together something for when we hit 500k views...)

Z

23 comments:

  1. it's better to see YOU never gave up yet, i want to see this 100% done instead of suffering the "legend of krystal" curse lol

    but if you still need your tester back to help i'm still willing to help out ^^ (i only work for souls btw) XD

    oh maybe for your "500k views" thing, get ideas from the fans and make it real? just a thought (they maybe weird but they give good ideas lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it's an interesting thing that goes on with LoK games.

      I'd be happy for you to test, but there's not much added in right now, so there's no point really. I'll get in contact with you nearer the time of release.

      For the 500k thingy, I was originally thinking of doing a bit of artwork. Idea grabbing could work though. :D

      Delete
    2. i would be happy to test when i can (as long as there is cake) altho just to ask dood how will you contact me? using LoK?

      Delete
    3. I would say there's cake, but it'd be a lie. Errm I thought I had you added on messenger? Email me at z.fied@hotmail.co.uk and then I'll reply to you :)

      Delete
    4. well it's been a very long time since i been there so i don't remember my password XD

      it's more of a "just in case" if i don't/can't get it anyways

      Delete
  2. Ah man FAPCOM again.....
    Anyway thanx alot for the update! it really does help us to wait until the next release please be around like this! even a little bit of news is better than not seeing you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to put your mind at ease :) It worries me about FAPCOM, hopefully he'll be alright.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for updating :D and hopefully FAPCOM will come back soon :) I like the camera view from Rebecca's point of view also it's a lot better imo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do not give up :) that's all :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never planned on it from the moment I started this. :)

      Delete
    2. TY, i'll look forward to the release then. ;)

      Delete
  5. Hi, thanks for taking my suggestion. I hadn't looked at the reply to my comment originally because I hadn't been on for a bit and didn't think to look, but still it's cool to be credited for something like this.

    Anyway, yes I do have GMod, and I have a few models that I could link to you for Rebecca. A good map to use on GMod is gm-construct. It's one of the default maps, and there's a particular room inside the map that is pure white. The cool thing is that you can use the color tool to change the color of the room so that you could pose Rebecca in a blank slate room. I'll reply with an example and the model that I use now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's an example of said room with black walls and ceiling with a grey floor, and another model of Rebecca and a model of a zombie (Mr. X).
      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14622256/Ladle/Rebecca_example_01.jpg

      Delete
    2. Lies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Awesome. I've found posing to be pretty difficult (what with the freezing/unfreezing, turning the model into a statue etc.) Is there an easier way? (As in, rotating using figures or something?

      Awesome pic. I got the Mr. X model, using it as a base for zombies :D Also found that room. If you could send those models to z.fied@hotmail.co.uk that'd be great!

      Delete
    4. I'll send you a link to a site that I frequent for GMod models. These guys are pretty great, and I'll link you directly to the Rebecca model you see up there.

      You can rotate the part of the model you are holding with the E button (not sure if you're using Qwerty, so let me know otherwise), and you can either use the mouse to rotate, or use WASD to rotate smoothly or zoom in or out. There's quite a bit to learn, and you'll get used to it as you play around with it.

      Delete
  6. Your game is awesome, the sound is great, gameplay is pretty good, and I'm really glad to see this is still progressing. Every developer needs a little encouragement now and again, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they do. I'm motivated, the problem is I set this project to be huge from the beginning, which wasn't the best idea :/

      Glad to hear you enjoy the game though! Should only get better with time!

      Delete
  7. YOU DIE????????????
    FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
    roundnose brake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete