Tuesday 27 December 2011

Status Report

So, I'm still waiting for FAPCOM to get back to me with sprites. I'm tempted to just not worry about the new enlarged sprites and get him back to work on the smaller size sprites, since the larger ones just makes 10x more work for us anyway. Still, things have been pretty quiet on his end recently...

If I decide to get FAPCOM back to working on the smaller sprites, it means I can begin level development of the next part straight away, which means I may actually have some kind of update soon. If not, then you guys may have to wait months before an update (Project X anyone? but in all seriousness, that's a pretty good game, and they have more than I do!), and it'll be the stuff you've already played before, just enlarged.

Not going to lie, I was worried that it'd end up as not finishing from the start when the enlarged sprites were first suggested.

Still, what do you guys think? I'll poll it at usual.


Also, wanted to thank you guys for your constant patience, and I promise I will keep working on this, even if I have to do the damn sprites myself! :P

10 comments:

  1. keep the small ones i personally dont think slightly better looking game matters but if you can get it done 10x faster with smaller sprite then great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that once you have finished working on the game with smaller sprites then you can continue with the remake of larger sprites just like CAPCOM developed a remake of the 1st resident evil game with better looking graphics, animations, larger models, designs and new gameplay features. You can think about it then let me know but I also wonder what does FAPCOM thinks because he got bored of the small sprites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go back to the smaller sprites, but suggest smoothing them out or even adding a touch more detail, but that goes without saying, less is better if time vs effort is a factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smaller sprites are fine. I prefer it getting done faster over it getting larger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. even though i voted for no, im happy either way.
    also had an idea that could continue making this game with the smaller sprites, once finished -> make a sequel/another game with the larger sprites from the getgo.

    all in all, as long as this is going forward (no matter how slowly) i will (im)patiently be waiting and checking the site everyday :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, first time commenter here. I think the larger sprites lloks just too good to waste. I would just wait a little longer, just whip FAPCOM's ass to get him/her working.

    On the other hand, if you're going to use the smaller sprites, just keep the larger ones to do a second game or episode. I want to see Rebecca better!

    Btw, I think you're making one of the best games of the genre around the internet. Seriously, I like it more than Project X.

    Keep the good work, Z.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's all this talk about smaller sprites?

    The larger ones are 99 times better, and if it takes a bit longer to get a better game, then so what?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I generally prefer higher quality games, though waht defines a game as higher quality is all in the eyes of the beholder (and the genre the game is set in)

    In this case, I think it'd be a better game to have the bigger sprites. Sure, it may take longer, But I personally think it'd be worth it. If your wanting to put something up, why not you work with Fapcom and make a short little thing and have that be an update. Perhaps adding a new sex scene or some other sort of special thing for all of us showing so much support and paitenence.

    Anywho, I'll be more than willing to wait. it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe if you show us a little what you have so far... Bigger sprites ftw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. x2 on Kuragari's post.

    ReplyDelete